This and the next few posts are being added significantly delayed because Paul forgot the email address he set up to post to this blog by email.
May 28th, 2016
Well, we are less than a week away from our arrival in Hawaii and we’re starting to plan the next leg of our journey (editors note: actually we are now in Hilo, as of the time of this posting). We intend to depart Hilo headed for the Marquesas on June 10th (weather permitting). Average passage time is 3 weeks, and it’s a good idea to add at least a week if not two in order to allow for weather conditions (i.e. we could delay our departure date due to weather). We have space for one or two crew members, and the only cost would be your airfare and a share of the food & fuel. This will be be a challenging passage across the equator with a mix of upwind sailing in the trade winds and crossing the ITCZ (doldrums w/ squalls), so be ready for an adventure! Anybody who does the passage with us is welcome to spend as much time as they like on the boat once we’re in French Polynesia. No sailing experience is needed, and as long as we have a common acquaintance I’ll trust that you’re not secretly an axe murderer. If you’re interested, please email me using my sat phone email which is my FCC call sign at sailmail.com. My FCC call sign is WDF7269. (While we are in Hilo I can also be reached at my personal email, or via this blog’s contact form).
UPDATE (6-5-2016): We now have a full crew for our trip to the Marquesas!